Customer Support Associate
CUSTOMER SUPPORT ASSOCIATE
This position will provide outstanding customer service by using in-depth knowledge of company products and programs when communicating with customer, team members, and other departments within the organization. In addition, you will be supporting the sales organization with customer billing and order fulfillment with the goal of overall smooth operation of the accounting, billing, and information systems.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or
- Five (5) years of customer service in an ERP order-to-cash system supporting a sales team with billing and inventory fulfillment experience
- Other types of business experience will be considered in lieu of customer service experience
This position exists to act as a first line of communication between customers, field sales staff, and the Company. This position does require a high degree of accuracy during customer maintenance, billing, and order fulfillment. This position reports to the Accounting manager, is a part of the Finance & Administration group, and has no direct reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze documents received from customers, district sales managers and seed reps for data accuracy and follow up on received documents for processing.
- Make necessary changes to customer and seed rep permanent data files to allow entry of information provided.
- Analyze and resolve order and invoice discrepancies to ensure timely and accurate receivables and shipments.
- Receive and respond to calls from customers, seed reps and district sales managers to answer and assist in solving problems and helping market the company's products and services.
- Prepare and review customer billings and assist the sales team with pricing and inventory fulfillment questions.
- Prepare final customer statements, including all adjustments and credits allowed in collaboration with the Seed Reps and DSM's
- Maintain master data files
- Train end users on standard operating procedures and subsequent updates to those procedures
- Assist with electronic filing, mailing, and general accounting or data entry projects as needed.
- Monitor customer complaints and follow up on agreed upon resolutions
- Support full cycle of receivable processing from processing payments, adjustments, to collecting past due accounts
- Coordinate seed rep addendums and ensure we have updated and signed agreements with sales reps
- Order forms and supplies for department activities
- Monitors files for accuracy.
Please note that this list is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Understanding of Order-to-Cash best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to work within an environment of change.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customer support team members, employees, supervisors, business partners, and the public.
- Understanding of bookkeeping and general business practices and procedures; accounting background is a plus
- Problem solving skills with the ability to innovate solutions and improvements to systems and processes.
- Ability to work within an environment of change
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to serve customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present/train in front of a group
- General understanding of information technology systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong comprehension of spreadsheet and word processing software
- Flexibility to professionally deal with unexpected demands, adapt to change in workload and priorities with a growth mindset.
- Team player with strong time management and organization skills
- Takes ownership of responsibilities and has the ability to work independently
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor detailed work to ensure quality
- Understands technology systems and has a strong comprehension of Microsoft Office products and experience utilizing an ERP solution.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of information, demonstrating discretion and professionalism.
This is primarily an office position, but may occasionally travel within the geographic location of the business to attend meetings.