The Office of Communication and Marketing at St. Ambrose University is seeking a Photographer to join our team providing technical and creative photography skills that align with St. Ambrose University's marketing and content strategy. The Photographer will create imagery for print and digital platforms, as well as university campaigns, events, and projects.
This person will be skilled in several different types of photography, including, but not limited to:
REQUIRED types of photo expertise:
- Knowledge of photography for responsive web design
PREFERRED knowledge of:
- Product / studio
- Sports and commercial photography
- Shoots, edits, and manipulates high-quality photographs for print and digital platforms with understanding of responsive web design
- Detail-oriented and able to coordinate photoshoot logistics
- Manages and keyword tags photo uploads to university's digital asset management system
- Cultivates positive working relationships with campus partners and maintains customer satisfaction; ability to put subject at ease during photoshoots
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of photo-related software such as Lightroom and Photoshop.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience. Preferred candidates will have a Photography or a related bachelor's. Experience working in higher education is preferred.
- Online portfolio required with application.
- High level of experience and proficiency with photo editing products within Adobe Creative Cloud
- Advanced working knowledge of professional photo equipment, including but not limited to camera operation, editing, and lighting.
- Must be able to work beyond regular office hours, including nights and weekends, as needed.
- Excel at project management, organization, and planning.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills; ability to collaborate with project stakeholders.
- A team player, capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment.
St. Ambrose University is an independent, comprehensive, and Catholic diocesan university firmly grounded in the liberal arts and is committed to fostering a respectful environment that recognizes and embraces diversity among all students, faculty, and staff. As an equal opportunity institution, St. Ambrose University actively seeks applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Position is open until filled.