Tool & Die Maker
Tool & Die Makers
in our Quad City operations!
Skilled Trades Earn Over $33/hour!
Industry Leading Benefits!
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- 13 paid holidays
- Healthcare with no premiums or deductibles (effective first day of the month following 30 days of employment)
- Retirement options, to include 401(k) match
Plans, lays out, constructs, and/or inspects by intricate gauging and layout in a team environment, a variety of intricate, highly specialized tools, fixtures, jigs, dies or gauges requiring highly skilled workmanship, holding to extremely close tolerances, or to close tolerances which, due to the nature of the work, are difficult to attain. Makes decisions as to usability from a functional standpoint.
Types of Machines, Tools & Equipment Used or Operated:
A wide variety of departmental machines, regular toolmaker's tools, including precision measuring tools, such as: surface plate, parallels, "V" blocks. sine bars, gauge blocks, calipers and protractors, indicators, micrometers, comparator, etc.
Work is not closely supervised. Employees must maintain a safe work environment.
Details are dependent on duties assigned but in general consist of the following:
- Works from tool and product design prints, sketches, or verbal instructions.
- Plans proper sequence of operation to carry job to completion.
- Performs lay out work which requires use of advanced mathematical procedures.
- Makes own setups and devises special attachments for performance of job.
- Assigns components of job to other team members with instructions and/or sketches as required.
- Tries out tools made and analyses performance.
- Checks by intricate gauging, all types of tools, dies, patterns, jigs, fixtures, gauges, templates, etc. requiring the use of advanced mathematics, trigonometry, or geometry.
- Makes detailed reports of findings which will be used in the correction of design or machining errors.
- Checks and adjusts inspection equipment using master gauge blocks.
- Lubricates, cleans equipment, and adds coolant.
- Cleans work area and performs other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job.
- Performs some heat treating, welding, grinding, or preheating of parts.
- Repairs tools, fixtures, jigs, dies or gauges.
- Makes parts for other departments, special equipment, etc.
- Works shifts (choice of shift based on seniority).
- Tool & Die journeyman's card and/or 8 years of experience.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.