Fifth Grade Teacher
FIFTH GRADE TEACHER
Hampton Elementary School has an opening for a full time Fifth Grade Teacher for the 2024-2025 school year.
This position provides instruction to students and performs a wide variety of tasks with curriculum planning, supervision, presenting and reinforcing learning concepts, and teaching children in a classroom setting.
- Teaches District approved curriculum
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the time designated.
- Plans a program of study, employing a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- All school personnel are expected to be respectful and considerate towards family, staff, students, and community members at all times.
- Teachers are expected at all times to help promote good will toward our school in their contacts with the public.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules.
- Teachers should maintain productive classroom management at all times by being clear, consistent, and respectful.
- The Principal will be responsible for assignment of teaching staff. Assignments will be made according to the school's need and on as equitable a basis as possible.
- Encourages and empowers students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Assists in diagnosing potential learning disabilities of students, with the assistance of district staff and the Blackhawk Area Special Education District (BHASED) staff.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Assists with the planning and preparing of Individualized Education Programs (IEP) as designated by administration.
- Implements accommodations and interventions as indicated in IEPs and 504 Plans.
- Participates in IEP meetings with district administration and other staff as determined by district administration.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Remain available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day, such as parent teacher conferences.
- Teachers witnessing accidents in the building or on the school grounds should report all details to the Principal.
- Perform all other duties reasonably related to the position as may be assigned by the Building Administrator or Superintendent.
- Teaching certificate for the particular position as required by the State.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers including but not limited to email, the Internet, word processing, electronic spreadsheets, and Google Apps for Education.
- Establish and maintain effective and respectful working relationships with those contacted in the course or work (students, parents and staff.)
- Ability to understand and follow basic oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate to students, parents, and staff in a respectful manner.