Network & Telecommunications Engineer
EICC is seeking a full-time Network and Telecommunications Engineer
Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) this position will be responsible for:
Managing all technical aspects of the District’s network and telecommunications infrastructure. This includes determining specifications and establishing proper configuration of all network and telecommunications related hardware and software. Serves as the primary contact point with the preferred network service vendor and the preferred telephone service vendor. Will continually evaluate state of the market technology and District direction to ensure the District’s network and telecommunications technology resources are being implemented and utilized in the most efficient manner possible.
$60,000 - $70,000
- Associate degree with major in computer science, network administration, or related IT field with two years of work experience designing and maintaining network and telecommunications hardware and software.
- Experience in a LAN/WAN/WLAN and cloud environment, performing activities such as diagnostics, maintenance and repair, and installation and secure configuration of networking equipment is required.
- Knowledge and experience with telephone systems required.
- Cisco CCNA certification required, with CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure and Wireless or CCNP Enterprise strongly preferred.
- Other networking, telecom, or security certifications are a plus.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills, excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to be highly effective in cross-functional teams.
- While this position typically works normal business hours, early mornings, nights or weekends may be required for resolution of issues or to perform system implementations and upgrades.
Review of applications will begin 11/28/22 and continue until the position is filled. For more information, please visit our website at www.eicc.edu/JobsatEICC for consideration please complete online application and send resume and cover letter to e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu.
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact EICC’s Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-5222, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730- 1576, TDD (800) 877-8339 Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.