Muscatine Community College is seeking an HVAC Instructor.
Starting Salary: $51,618-$53,136 annually.
Under the direction of the MCC Dean of Instruction, this position will be responsible for hands-on training, teaching courses, and assessing learning outcomes in HVAC. Assignments may include alternative delivery methods, evening courses, and multiple sites. Must demonstrate excellence in teaching and service. Must demonstrate a commitment to the mission and values of the community college.
- Paid time off
- Retirement plans with 9.44% employer contribution
- Early retirement option
- $0 monthly premiums for single health plan
- Employer paid & voluntary life insurance
- Employer paid Long Term Disability insurance
- YMCA discount as low as $7/month
- Tuition reimbursement for employees and dependents
- State employee discounts for phone, hotels, museums, etc.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience as a HVACR field service technician or higher, that directly relates to the competencies being taught.
- Must hold a valid Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Universal certification.
Must meet one or more of the following:
- Graduate of an HVACR program consisting of a minimum of 600 hours of training.
- Possess an associate degree in HVACR technology.
- Hold the title of Certified Master HVACR Educator "CMHE."
- Currently working to obtain CMHE by completing two educator specific credentialing exams per calendar year.
- Adjunct instructor must pass an educator specific credentialing exam in each of the disciplines that directly relate to the competencies that they teach, within 12 months of employment.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in HVACR or building science trades technology.
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact EICC’s Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-5222, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730-1576, TDD (800) 877-8339.