Human Resources Generalist
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges is seeking a full-time
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, this position will be responsible for completing and maintaining employee records and files and working with the Payroll Coordinator to ensure payroll is accurate. This position is also responsible for providing effective HR services in the following areas: recruitment and selection, onboarding, employee training and development, and employee relations. The HR generalist will assist with administrative duties and providing administrative support within the HR department as needed. They will serve as a culture advocate positively promoting and maintaining EICC's culture in accordance with our core values.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field preferred. Associate's degree required. PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Three years of general human resources/payroll experience required. Experience in a recruiting function of human resources preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending.
- Must have ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills to include HRIS/Payroll/Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager, business services, and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, creating offer letters / employment contracts, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Maintain personnel files related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating including appropriate forms such as credentials, transcripts, evaluations, professional growth and other information documents.
- Review and explain human resources policies and procedures to EICC employees as needed.
- Accurately and timely processing of all personnel action forms, leave forms, CE instructor documents, and ensuring proper approval.
- Interpreting union contracts.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Provide the technical support, test system functionality and work with HR Benefit Specialist to utilize the HRIS for business process efficiency improvement.
- Responsible for working with Benefits Specialist to ensure accurate and timely input of salary and fringe benefit information into the computer payroll files.
- Assumes responsibility for up-to-date information on the computer personnel files.
- Assist in the coordination of the staffing and recruitment process.
- Is committed to providing quality service that meets or exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Responsible for maintaining expert knowledge of EICC policies, practices, and procedures.
- Serves as the back-up to others within the department as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Review of applications will begin February 7, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact EICC’s Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-5222, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730- 1576, TDD (800) 877-8339 Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.