ERP/SIS/Self-Service System Administrator & Web Developer
ERP/SIS/Self-Service System Administrator & Web Developer
Director of Enterprise Applications
Responsible for the maintenance, development, implementation of Ellucian Self-Service, Ellucian Ethos, and all Ellucian systems or third party systems functioning or integrated with ERP/SIS system. Maintenance includes configuration, security, resource monitoring and reporting, troubleshooting, service pack upgrades, software upgrades, and the development of specialized software programs. Will be the technical point of contact for Self Service, Ellucian Experience and web/internet related applications. Reports to and provides technical assistance and consulting to the Director of Enterprise Applications to maintain optimal performance of systems. Develops and implements modifications to systems and applications software. May be assigned instructional duties.
Bachelor’s degree with major in computer science, management information systems or related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer 4 years of professional experience in technical web development. Working knowledge of ERP/SIS systems, preferably Ellucian Colleague/Self Service and application languages. Excellent troubleshooting and computer literacy skills required. Must be available for on call production support. Knowledge of proper Programming coding languages and protocols to compose, compile and test software is a must. Experience with Microsoft PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, Active Directory, API’s, C#, JSON, HTML5, CSS, DHTML, SFTP, PHP, ASP. NET WebAPI, XML, Java script, Visual Studio 2010/2012, Crystal Reports, Colleague SDK for .NET, Colleague Studio, Envision EBSL, web portal software and usage concepts is required. Must possess keen troubleshooting skills, excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to be highly effective in cross-functional teams. Experience with Ellucian products highly desired. Strong communication skills and customer focus required.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all support/maintenance of EICC's ERP/SIS Self-Service systems and systems interfaced or integrated with district ERP systems.
- Performs regular software upgrades, service pack upgrades, and regular system maintenance procedures.
- Coordinates maintenance schedule for Self-Service, Ethos and related systems servers with server administrator and database administrator in conjunction with user schedules.
- Coordinates and implements quarterly Self-Service software updates. Performs testing and assists end users with testing.
- Performs System Administrator backup support.
- Provides technical assistance to campus based users for special projects and problems involving Self-Service and Experience systems projects.
- Develops and implements new interfaces as required between EICC's ERP/SIS, Ethos, Self-Service systems and other systems including processes and procedures.
- Communicates with users to define processing needs. Provide in-service training for users. Strong communication skills. Communicates effectively with software vendors.
- Analyze, develop and implement application programs and procedures. Analuze, develop and implement data reporting programs and procedures.
- Provides web development and programming for EICConnect (Experience) for and partnered or third party Web API's, utilizing JSON, C#, HTML5, XML, Visual Studio, Colleague SKD for .NET, Colleague Studio, SQL and other web/portal development software. Develops forms and documents in PHP and Microsoft PowerApps utilizing workflows for various EICC departments.
- Provides support and training on Experience functionality and uses.
- Establishes and maintains systems documentation for hardware, software and procedures, as required.
- Maintains a dialog, as required, with District internet/intranet users providing information on correct procedures, explaining changes, use of new applications and procedures.
- Works closely with Director of Enterprise Applications to ensure coordination and timely implementation of new technical platforms to be used within the EICC networked environment.
- Maintains an ongoing dialogue with the Director of Enterprise Applications to supply input from experience gathered by working directly with users, internet reports and other District technology staff.
- Will remain informed and in compliance with all major legislative requirements such as HIPAA, FERPA, CALEA, and others as they relate to EICC's ERP/SIS systems.
- Must be available for on-call support.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Director of Enterprise Applications.
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact EICC’s Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-5222, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730- 1576, TDD (800) 877-8339 Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.