Director of Enterprise Applications
Responsible for activities related to the full software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, programming, testing, maintenance, and documentation of the college's ERP (Ellucian Colleague) system customizations. Responsibilities include developing, troubleshooting and updating customizations, software application interfaces, form development and maintenance for Ellucian Colleague and other application interface needs. Reports to and provides technical assistance and consulting to the Director of Enterprise Applications in keeping the ERP systems technologies current with high-level performance. While this position typically works normal business hours, early mornings, nights, or weekends may be required to resolve production-related issues or perform system implementations / upgrades.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field, or equivalent experience required. Two or more years' experience as a software developer with all aspects of the software development life cycle is required. Experience with Microsoft SQL, Window server operating systems, C#, JSON, HTML, CSS, DHTML, XML, SFTP, PHP, Microsoft PowerApps, and Microsoft Flow desired. Working knowledge of ERPs and student information systems. Experience developing programs, subroutines, computed columns, batch processes, custom screens, and web forms for Ellucian Colleague using Colleague Studio, Envision Basic, and Unibasic is strongly preferred. Must have working knowledge of APIs, with experience developing APIs is preferred. Excellent troubleshooting skills, programming standards and practices, and general computer literacy skills. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to work with a diverse workforce, student population, and external constituents. Must possess the attitude, knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to provide quality service that meets or exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fulfill requests to customize or update Ellucian Colleague. Ethos, CRM Recruit and other miscellaneous software.
- Perform troubleshooting and identify problem resolutions.
- Primary role includes development, testing, maintenance and troubleshooting of EICC customizations in Ellucian's Colleague utilizing Ellucian's Colleague Studio, CRM Recruit utilizing Microsoft CRM, Ethos utilizing Ellucian Ethos Platform and applying system software, fixes, backup or restore functions.
- Contribute to managing the work products and work requests within EICC IT department, including management of user testing in Colleague, Ethos and CRM Recruit.
- Performs API and Self-Service customizations backup support including upgrades, management of content, reporting, writing software, forms creation and workflow management for all Self-Service and API modules.
- Identify problems in broken integration, incorrect content, and other errors, and make recommendations for corrections.
- Create and support integrations between ERP, Ethos, CRM Recruit and other API or integrated systems.
- Monitor site health, jobs, and services running and related to ERP, Ethos, and CRM Recruit environments.
- Inform EICC technical management on new ERP, Ethos and CRM Recruit features, patches, and releases, identifying benefits or areas of concern.
- Perform user training for contributors and users of the various ERP, Ethos and CRM Recruit software.
- Create utility software to automate routine tasks and software tools for maintaining updates.
- Create utility software to automate routine tasks in conjunction with other team members.
- Is committed to providing quality service that meets or exceeds the expectation of the internal and external customers.
- Works closely with the Associate Director of Information Systems to ensure coordination and timely implementation of new platforms to be used within the EICC networked environment.
- Maintains ongoing dialogue with the Associate Director of Information Systems to supply input from experience gathered by working directly with users, internet reports and other District technology staff. This information can be used to evaluate software and set guidelines for Ellucian Colleague, Ethos and partnered or third party systems. Provides recommendations to Associate Director of Information Systems.
- Provide general backup support for other IT staff.
- Understands basic compliance needs for data management and security such as HIPAA, FERPA, CALEA and copyright and intellectual property law.
- Must be available for on call support.
- Perform additional responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the Associate Director of Information Systems.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact EICC’s Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-5222, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730- 1576, TDD (800) 877-8339 Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.