Application Deadline: Friday, June 23, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting Pay: $61,480/year
- Excellent Health Benefits and Pension
- Uniform Allowance: $800/year
- Firearms Proficiency Pay: Up to $360/year
- Physical Fitness Incentive: $200/year
- Shift Differential: $0.45/hour for 2nd shift & $0.55/hour for 3rd shift
- 16 week police academy with full pay, benefits, and housing provided
- In-house training after completion of police academy
- 12 months for those already certified as Illinois law enforcement officers
- 18 months for all others
Age and Residency:
- 21-34 years of age to apply (see exceptions in applicant packet)
- Must live within a 40-mile radius of 1630 8th Avenue in Moline within 2 years of hire (includes Illinois and Iowa.)
- $100 per month living allowance for Moline residents (see details in applicant packet)
- Additional requirements contained further in applicant packet
Characteristics of the Job
Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine tasks requiring application of judgment based on knowledge gained through experience and training and occasionally exercises independent judgment when dealing with emergency situations. Is responsible for the protection of life and property and the preservation of order in the City of Moline through enforcement of laws and ordinances. Work normally consists of pro-active patrol responding to calls for service, traffic regulation and investigative duties in a designated area of the city. May also be assigned to specialized units responsible for follow-up investigations, self-initiated criminal investigations, traffic enforcement and other support or staff services. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Training and Experience
High school diploma or GED equivalent; ability to successfully complete the Illinois Local Governmental Law Enforcement Officers Training Board Basic Recruit Training; and must possess a valid Illinois driver's license or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions; good social and general intelligence.
- Skill in the use of firearms.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with peers, superiors, other agencies, and the general public.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER